Dee Dee's Blog - A Lidl Bit Too Far!


Ooooh hello again loves! It's me, Dee Dee, Cleveleys' favourite pensioner back with another blog all about life in Cleveleys from the relatable persepective of an interfering old harridan.

Well! This week I was shocked and dismayed to read that ALDI has been threatened with legal action by a British farmer who says the budget supermarket ripped off his trademark chipolatas. I can't believe that some jobsworth yokel who thinks he invented sausages could have the audacity to accuse such a wonderful British institution like ALDI of something like this!

Personally I love ALDI, and LIDL and do all of my shopping there. As I have my grown-up daughter and her husband living in our attic I have quite a few mouths to feed so the savings I make there are fantastic. I'm particularly fond of their knock-off products, their version of the Bounty bar is one of my personal favourites. I always keep a multipack next to the loo, as I tend to get a bit peckish when I'm "enthroned", as it were. I put it down to my age. For some years now it takes a lot of effort to pass a stool, which the doctor (lovely young man) tells me I must do at least twice a day to keep regular. It can take it out of me, all that pushing, so a few snacks in the toilet help me to keep my strength up.

How can anybody in this day and age seriously claim that their copyrights have been infringed when absolutely everything conceivably possible has already been thought of and done a dozen different ways? They can't even make a new film without it being a shoddy all-female reboot of a 1980s franchise so how on earth can anybody say they've made a new kind of sausage? If it's made of minced-up meat, gristle, and connective tissue and encased in a collagen skin then it's a bloomin' sausage, and if it isn't, then call it something else.

All the supermarkets have been making knock-off products for years. I used to buy Safeways Cornflakes, never Kellogs, and they tasted exactly the same. Well, I imagine they did - I've never actually tasted a branded product in my life so I can't really compare. Asda's baked beans taste like haricot beans in a sort of tomatoey sauce - do Heinz beans really taste so different? Point is, if you're going to sue ALDI for making chicken chipolatas that might taste a bit like yours then you'll also have to sue every other supermarket for making cornflakes. Even if you don't make cornflakes, you have to sue them. Yes you do.

Right well that's the world put to rights. I think I'll wind down with a nice LIDL version of a pot noodle in the bath. Cheerio!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord of the Chance

The Doctor Will Review You Now...

15 things you won't know about Cleveleys unless you follow Cleveleys News