YOUR LETTERS - 29th March 2018


29th March 2018


Gullible

I am both outraged and saddened to read so many negative articles about the seagulls in Cleveleys. So a few seagulls have dive-bombed the odd pensioner, stolen their chip barm, or pecked out their eye? Big deal. They are only obeying their instinct. As well as attracting seagulls, Cleveleys also attracts the elderly in large numbers, and they can be just as troublesome. A seagull has never stopped suddenly in the street whilst walking in front of me, scraped my ankle by driving its mobility scooter too close to me, or driven in front of me at 3mph looking for a disabled parking space when I’m already late for the school run. The council have made it illegal to feed seagulls in Cleveleys, yet they continue to fund meals on wheels and feed the pensioners!

Mrs C. Taffy
Cleveleys

Doddy

For more than two weeks now all I seem to hear about is the death of Doddy. It’s in every newspaper and on every radio station, Doddy this, Doddy that. Am I going crazy? It’s been over 20 years since Doddy died, so why all the fuss now? Imagine how his father Mohamed Al-Fayed feels, having to hear his sons name mentioned constantly. Let him rest in peace.

Frank Townend Jr
Cleveleys

Balls

When I was a child in the 1980s I enjoyed wonderful visits to Blackpool Tower, and in particular I recall many happy hours spent in the huge ballroom they had there. Well, wanting my children to experience the same joy I had, I took them along to the tower and paid £7 each to get into the ballroom. Imagine our disappointment once inside when we discovered that it was just a room with organ music and a few old people dancing, and there were no actual balls at all! I quickly spoke to the staff there, and we all laughed when it was explained to me that what I had remembered wasn’t the ballroom at all, but the ball pond inside Jungle Jims! Of course by this point I’d spent all my money and so couldn’t take my children there after all. So we just stayed for a bit and laughed at the dancing.

Jim Jungell
Preston

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord of the Chance

The Doctor Will Review You Now...

15 things you won't know about Cleveleys unless you follow Cleveleys News